Advantages for individuals:
- Filling lives with joy through creative participation in community life and its festivals.
- A feeling of renewal and of rootedness in one's culture, in harmony with the natural cycles of one's home. A fresh sense of the natural beauty of the environment.
- Rediscovery of one's village, re-creation of links among people. Better organisation of one's life and time through the professional and personal services offered by community members.
- Actively taking part in the creation of the cultural environment on personal, community and regional levels.
Advantages for the community:
- Reuniting residents at festival times and enabling them to be active participants in revitalising community life.
- Boosting the community's economy through the development of contacts among residents, leading to increased use of local professional services.
- Attracting members of other communities to take part in cultural events and help boost the economy.
- Fostering cultural exchanges between communities.
- Creating a basis for future developments.
Advantages for Europe:
- Reinforcing and promoting the great variety of cultural identities of communities and regions, and guaranteeing their vitality.
- Revitalising the feeling of common European cultural roots.
- The Dance Lime Tree makes a fine symbol of the links forged between twinned European towns and villages.
Collage, dancers of Bruegel
and modern Dance Lime Tree